The best tips, reviews and deals tu buy your perfect electric grill.
This compact grills are specifically designed to be used and stored at home.
This grills have full heat distribution and is quite easy to control the temperature.
Grates are specifically designed with a FAT DRAIN and a drip tray. they are perfect too for tasty vegetables and seafood.
There´s a good range on sizes to cover your needs: 4 people or 40. Think about where are you using it.
TOPBBQs Recommended Electric Grills
George Foreman GGR50B Elec. Grill
Weber Q1400 Electric Grill
Char-Broil Patio Bistro Elec Grill
Zojirushi EB-CC15 Elec Grill
Pros and cons of electric grills:
- Small size and designed to be easily stored.
- More energy efficient than years ago, very cheap.
- Preheat with power indicator.
- Full heat distribution.
- Easy to adjust heat level.
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
- Smokeless technology for indoor use.
- Fat drain and drip tray for healthy meals.
- Very easy to assemble and clean.
- Size is small for a BBQ party. Check this.
- You won´t get wood-smoke flavor.
- You will need a generator if using it outdoors.
- They don´t generate as much heat as Charcoal, gas or pellets grills.
- Long time to preheat, some of them 20 min.
- Very expensive if you need a generator. And noise is hateful.
But electric power is expensive, right? Not really, read this.
Cooking outdoor using an electrical grate is very cheap, if you are using a 1400 watts one, you should be paying around $0.17 per hour. Imagine your fuel cost for 1 hour of charcoal, pellets or even propane and you will see the difference.
Obviously if you are outdoors in a trip and don´t have access to electrical network, you will need a diesel generator that multiplies the running cost by 20.
Running cost is the cheapest if you are at home in your backyard.
Check out TOPBBQs electric grills selection:
GEORGE FOREMAN 15-serving electric grill
WEBER Q1440 Electric Grill
If you are loking for a great quality standard robust product that will allow you cooking every week this is clearly your choice. Weber is synonymous of quality and consistency for many years.
The grate will make the difference in how things cook and consecuently the taste and flavor of your BBQ will be super.
WEBER Q electric barbecues work extremely easy and fast. Light and compact, they blend in perfectly with a balcony or a small garden in the city. Thanks to their original design, WEBER Q electric barbecues are easy to transport.
Above all, you won’t have to compromise on taste or practicality. Take it with you to a campsite or on your boat; use it on the terrace of your apartment or in your garden: just plug it in and you’re ready to grill.
- Power: 2.2kW
- Vitrified cast iron cooking grates
- Cast aluminium body
- Temperatur regulator
- Fat recovery tray
- Cooking surface: 43 x 32 cm
- Weight 11 kg
Which one is the best for me?
For your outdoor patio, your terrace, or even indoor in your apartment, using electric grills is a great way to enjoy a BBQ party.
Most of this grills are portable therefore easy to move or carry and grill’s performance is great, firstly, it gets hot quick, secondly, cooks tasty low fat food, and finally they are easy to clean when you finish.
This type of grates are a very useful kitchen asset that fits in everyone´s home but you have to choose the right one. Some of them are outdoor-only so read it carefully, buy the one for you, and then enjoy grilling to perfection.
- BTUs: heat measure per square inch (British Thermal Units), 80 to 100 as standard.
- Cooking area: usually portable so smaller than other fulling systems.
- Weight: they are lighter and designed for an easy move.
- Electrical rating: depending on the heat you need there´s a huge offer.
- Temperature control: plug and play, very easy to use.
- Fat removing slope grate: for halthy meals.
- The easiest for cleaning, maybe help to decide.
- Very cheap running cost.
Parts and assembly of electrical grills.
Fist of all and due to the size of this type of grills, they usually come assembled so ready to plug and play, however you will always have to remove some of the parts for cleaning. In other words, is good for you to understand how they work.
Going deeper into the designs of this type of grill, we can find that the food is placed onto the grill’s grate, which is positioned above an electric piece that transforms electrical energy into caloric energy.
Under the electric pieces of the grill there is a drip tray. This pan, at the bottom of the device, will collect the extra fat and juices that drip from the food as it cooks.
A new feature presented by some electric grills is the flavored ceramic briquettes held by the drip pan. These deluxe briquets are to provide extra flavor to the juices collected by the pan so, imagine the delicious juices from the food multiplied by the extra flavor factor, ummm this is delicious.